The Embassy is looking for a new locally engaged Administrative Assistant
The Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Ottawa is looking for a locally engaged Administrative Assistant.
• Proven administrative or assistant experience, preferably a minimum of two years experience;
• Knowledge of English and French;
• Knowledge of Slovenian can be an asset;
• Must be comfortable working in a confidential environment;
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills;
• Excellent written, verbal, organizational and planning skills;
• Proficiency in MS Office, Lotus Notes a plus, social media;
• Security clearances;
• Canadian citizenship or residency, able to legally work in Canada.
• Answer and direct phone calls, provide general support to visitors;
• Maintain calendar, contact lists, filing system, order office supplies, sort mail;
• Coordinate and schedule internal and external meetings
• Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, make photocopies;
• Book travel arrangements, submit expense reports;
• Assist with planning cultural and other events organized by the Embassy;
• Assist in special projects on an as needed basis;
• Supporting the day-to-day functioning of the Embassy and collaborating with its staff on various projects and tasks.
Applicants may send a CV, cover letter, and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org . Should you move to the interview stage, the references will be contacted. Successful applicants will be contacted within 7 days of the closing date for an interview. Commencement of employment for the chosen candidate is foreseen for May/June 2021.
In a commitment to providing equal opportunities and an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, if you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, or if you have any questions about the hiring process please contact email@example.com or call 613-565-5781.
Posting Date: 25 March, 2021
Closing Date: 1 April, 2021