APPLICATION FOR IDENTITY CARD (ID CARD)
The Republic of Slovenia issues four types of identity cards (ID card):
- A citizen who is under the age of 3 years, is issued an ID card valid for 3 years;
- A citizen aged 3 to 18 years of age, is issued and ID card with validity of 5 years;
- An adult citizen can obtain an ID card with a validity of 10 years;
- A citizen who has lost an ID card more than once shall be issued an ID card with a validity of 1 year.
The application for an ID card must be done in person, since in the process the embassy must confirm the identity of the citizen by comparing the photograph with the actual likeness of the individual.
For a person who is not yet 18 yeras of age, the legal representative of the child must also be present.
The application may be submitted only at the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Ottawa or at the time of consular hours, occasionally carried out in other cities (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg).
A process of manufactoring an ID card lasts about 2-3 weeks.
Required documentation at the submission of the application for an ID card:
- Old ID card (if you do not have one, please submit an identity document with a photograph and proof of citizenship of the Republic of Slovenia)
- Payment of the consular fee (cash or money order)
- 114 CAD for the ID card with a validity of 10 years;
- 90 CAD for the ID card with a validity of 5 years;
- 66 CAD for the ID card with a validity of 3 years;
- 56 CAD for the ID card with a validity of 1 year.
Please contact sloembassy.ottawa(at)gov.si to request an appointment to apply for the issuance of ID cards from the embassy.
In case your ID card is lost or it was stolen, you must notify the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia as soon as possible for further instructions.